With the tremendous demand of transporting goods from one destination to another, the trucking industry is making great profits. Today, there are a number of trucking companies which have made transportation relatively easy for people. With the increasing number of trucking companies, the demand of truck drivers is also expanding at an alarming rate. As more than seventy percent of the nation’s economy is delivered by trucks, more professional truckers are needed as the economy continues to grow.
If you are looking forward to change your career, then a move into the trucking industry can reap you with innumerable benefits. With competitive pay scale and flexible schedule, you can get bonus every year. Truck driving job is adventurous and it has plenty to offer to the interested candidates.
Truck driving is not for everyone. In order to apply for driving vacancies, it is important to first obtain a CDL license by passing a driving test. First prepare for the general knowledge test for which the candidates must have knowledge about shifting gears, speed management, hazardous material rules, vehicle control, communication, and skid control. If you pass the test, you can apply for permit in your local DMV office. With a CDL license, there are some other criterions which are significant to become a truck driver. These include:
- Must be 21 years or above as per Federal Motor Carrier Safety regulations
- No criminal background
- Should be fluent in speaking English
- Must be able to lift heavy objects
- Vision must be 20/40
If you fulfill the above-mentioned criterions, you can start your career as a truck driver. There are many truck driving companies that allow you to apply for the job online. You can simply browse different leading trucking firms and upload your resume. If your details suit any company’s preferences, you can get shortlisted to appear for the interview.
Though truck driving is a rewarding career, the task is challenging too. The duties of the professionals are plentiful. Let’s discuss the responsibilities of a truck driver:
- Inspecting the truck on a regular basis to ensure that it is safe to drive
- Accepting the loads to be carried to different locations
- Weighing the vehicle on heavier loads and making sure that the load does not excel the maximum weight.
- Picking loads on time
- Securing loads as per the requirement of shipper and the company.
The aforesaid duties are just a few from the list. Becoming a truck driver is not at all easy. You have to take up the responsibilities with full sincerity and accomplish all the challenging tasks with utmost safety. So, look for driving vacancies in top driving companies and enjoy all the benefits as a truck driver.
Required qualities for a good sales and marketing professional
To mention few key skills of a good marketing professional:
- Good communication skill: Good hold on the language first language and the English language is one of the most key skills to have if you are looking for a sales job role.
- Creative Thinking: If you are only planning to do conventional things then to consider that your competitors are also doing the same things so do better than other you must come up with out of box ideas to perform better than the others.
- Passion: Company’s revenue is dependent on how the sales team is performing or how well the marketing team generates leads, if you must have a passion for your work to overcome the cut throat competition observed in most industries. So if you are laid back and relaxed person then sales and marketing may not be your cup of tea.
People’s skills: Well although this seems like an obvious thing but having a good people skill is not so straight forward and you must be aware of your people skills so if your a sales person you are good people person or at least how the world should perceive you else you learn them first before going for your first sales pitch.
No exprience, no worries. We can still help you find a job.
If you are worried about finding a job after your graduation and worried that you’ll have to struggle a lot to find a well paying job without experience then you are almost right but certainly wrong. Finding a suitable job has never been easy mostly not because of the scarcity of jobs but due to the sheer reason that candidates are not aware where to look for the right information. For a person with no experience and no family connection the option is to search the internet. Although the internet is good source of information but is not always correct and sufficient. And the candidates find themselves lost among the sea of information on a ship which doesn’t have an engine. Then how do we look for a sales jobs or marketing job is the key question?
Coming to the point, if you are good with people and words. You can charm people easily you should look for a sales opportunity. Finding a sales jobs in Mumbai seems like a difficult thing but it’s not really difficult, sales jobs can be easily found on all the leading job portals.
Most companies are willing to hire freshers for sales jobs because the major criteria is to find a person with good communication skills and energy. So if you are willing to go all the way to generate sales leads, convince the clients and convert that lead into a successful sales then sales jobs is for you.
Benefits includes incentive plans most companies run for sales representatives and you get be away from boring desk job. You get to meet new people and make new connections.